All the Xbox Series S details, and more tech news you need to know today
Your technical news is digested DGiT Daily Technology Newsletter, For Tuesday, September 8, 2020.
1. The Xbox Series S is officially $ 299 and the unofficial specifications are good
Some Xbox leaks last night revealed more about the upcoming General Xbox, but a smaller console than the Series X and its larger cube console. First time price: $ 299 for this smaller model and $ 499 for the Xbox Series X.
- This morning, Microsoft took steps to make it official
- It unveils the new Xbox Series S, confirming the $ 299 price tag (with $ 299 and the UK $ 249.99 cheaper sound) with the tagline “The next general performance on the smallest Xbox ever”.
- No launch date has been set, but leaks hint at November 10th.
And, to make it even bigger, the leaks released even more, 1 minute with 30 seconds of presentation video Disclosure of Grade S Specification Information:
Xbox Series S:
- First design: it is slightly smaller compared to the Xbox controller. It’s not small, but it’s shorter and thinner than the B – grade X.
- And price! The $ 299 price is a very strong value proposition. Expectations are that the X Series will be $ 499 or more, so this may be more accessible.
- At $ 299, it’s also a $ 100 discount on the current Xbox One X, but faster: the Xbox Series X and the same processor.
- This morning we first guessed that among the specifications, the leak reveals more weight.
- We now know that the console offers 512GB NVMe SSD storage, targeting 120fps gaming at 1440p resolution. (For reference, 1440p is a resolution of 2560 × 1440, also known as Quad HD; 4K is 2160p, 3840 × 2160 or Ultra HD.)
- It’s short of the actual 4K gaming you get with the X series, but as the leak shows, it’s 4K streaming and media playback, 4K game enhancement, and S ‘ray detection, variable aspect shadow, and variable refresh rate.
- Digital only means download only because there is no disk drive.
- The more compact design is small enough, If you believe the leak, In the massive Xbox Series X machine:
- Another thing is how you pay.
- The ‘Xbox All Access’ financing option, which is a monthly payment to cover the console with Gamepass Ultimate, is further aggressively activated.
- Windows Central reports The S grade will be $ 25 per month (guess for 24 months?), While the X grade will be an option for $ 35 per month.
- There are terms and conditions for conflict, and apparently, this scheme will only work from the US to the global, so local pricing and availability around the world will be interesting.
- Finally, this may still be the most important Xbox. The game pass is much more accessible than streaming, and is very different from Sony’s access with the PlayStation 5.
- Both may be correct, but having access to game passes is a growing essential for players.
Rumor has it it is strong Apple will announce the new Apple Watch and iPad Air this morning. Some reporters at Apple Beat think it’s impossible, but tips like the Apple Watch 5 directly hint at what’s going on with the inability to buy from Apple… (Mac Rumors).
Samsung Patent License a Transparent phone directly outside Sci-fi (Android Authority).
Yet Another LG Wing video leak Now shows the interface of the rotating phone. Awesome! (Android Authority).
🔫 PUBG Mobile withdraws from Tencent Sports in India To remove the Chinese app tag (and the current ban) (Android Authority).
🍏 Apple’s ‘floating’ store in Singapore Opens on September 10th (Engadette).
⚖ No-confidence fights at Google: What you need to know (CNET).
රී Reed Hastings, co-founder of Netflix, owns a book, and he makes a number of interesting bits on a newspaper tour. First, Interview with Reed Hastings on Netflix When working from home (payable) (WSJ, $), and A wide range of different interviews Good. There is so much more!
‘Japan’ Big Four ‘motorcycle manufacturers Check replaceable electric batteries (Interesting Engineer).
This is not a drill: Always wanted to own a jelly bean factory? Join this treasure hunt! You should only buy in the US (delish.com).
What “What video games Show that graphics are not really everything?”(R / askreddit).
those DGiT Daily Gives you a daily email that keeps you ahead of the curve for links to all the technical news, opinions and what goes down in the most important field on earth. You will get all the context and insight you need. Plus! Rotate the fun every day of the week like Wednesday is weird. Join!